Our Fa'arau Well Drilling Team is the only water well business on the entire Island of Malaita. Every water well installation provides opportunity to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ said “...if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward”
Every well we dig in the natural is having a spiritual impact and is opening up wells of salvation to entire villages!
Jesus Christ “...But whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life”
Build More Water Wells
We have been training local men to develop water wells in order to supply clean drinking water to villages in need
Establish Houses of Prayer
We provide musical instruments, sound equipment and provide training.
Do works of justice
We have been meeting the practicals needs of the people in the Solomon Islands, setting up orphanages, and establishing medical centers.
Teach the Word of God
We want to see believers fully equipped by providing Bibles and sound teaching.
Establishes Businesses For Mission
We are training unemployed locals the art of well drilling and cement block making to fund the prayer houses.
Share the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Jesus’ commandment was "Go Make Disciples of All Nations." Through connecting with villages we are able to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
How It Began
Birthing of a 24/7 House of Prayer in Fa'arau, a jungle village without electricity or running water.
- The Fa’arau team became expert in well drilling, in concrete block making, and furthered developed their building skills.
- Our Fa’arau well drilling team produced 24 more functioning wells with PVC hand pumping systems.
- Fa’arau is now recognized as a source of expertise, and won the contract to make 20,000 concrete blocks to build local schools.
- Much progress was made on the Fa’arau Orphan/Visitor House which started construction in 2011.
- Donations to Clean Water 4 Life during this year funded a second tractor well drilling rig including equipment, materials, and was shipped to the Solomon Islands arriving December 28, 2015.
- Our dream to expand into the Western Province and provide clean drinking water wells starting in Munda in 2016 was now unfolding. Now with two tractor well drilling rigs our vision to help the people on remote Islands was possible. Our last step was to find sponsors because the locals were to poor to afford a clean drinking water well.
- We received donations from Canada, Australia, and the United States to sponsor water wells for villages, schools, churches, and medical clinics who are desperate for clean drinking water.
- With two tractor rigs our Fa’arau well drilling teams installed 58 successful water wells on many different remote Islands!
- A 5 minute video was given as a free gift by an Australian Film team with a burden to help Clean Water 4 Life secure funds to provide clean drinking water wells.
- Top floor of Orphan/Visitor House was finished so we poured the 40 ft X 60 ft concrete floor and started building the concrete block walls on the lower floor which included flush toilets, showers, and a kitchen with running water.
- 95 successful water wells were installed for villages, schools, churches, and clinics!
- December 8-10 2017 conducted a three day Grand Opening of the Orphan/Visitor House in Fa’arau. Click link for photo’s and report here http://rickrupp.com/orphan_visitor_house.php
- On December 10 we included a ground breaking ceremony for construction of the new Church 24/7 House or Prayer which will be built near the Orphan/Visitor House. click here for more information on new 80 ft X 120 ft Church 24/7 House of Prayer project and other CW4L projects http://www.rickrupp.com/newsletter.php
- March – Fa’HOP 24/7 Mission Base was established.
- 80 water wells were installed for villages, schools, churches, and clinics!
2010 – 2011
- We were raising funds to supply everything needed for providing clean water for Fa’arau.
- March 2, Rick & Grace Rupp moved to live in Solomon Islands to give full strength to water well ministry!
- August 21 – September 5 we trained the men in Fa’arau in the art of well drilling.
- We handed over a well drilling machine to Fa’arau establishing the first well drilling business on the Island of Malaita.
- On September 5, 2012 the Fa’arau well water project was completed. They drank their first cup of clean water.
- Fa’arau Well Drilling Team Leader Ricky Na’amo and Pastor Aaron Lagani, traveled with Rick Rupp to Goroka, Papua New Guinea to train a new well drilling team. We sent a second well drilling machine to David Gahare in Goroka. Our reproducible model is now working in the Solomon Islands and in Papua New Guinea!
- 5 water wells finished
- Miraculous provision empowered us to send a 32 HP tractor with a well drilling rig, a cement block making machine, plus chain saws and milling equipment to Fa’arau. We harvested lumber and started making the cement blocks allowing progress constructing the Orphan/Visitor House.
- We installed 24 water wells.
God continues to release His strategies and resources to empower the poor and oppressed.
We have been able to:
Church/House of Prayer new construction project, so far we have:
God continues to release His strategies and resources to empower the poor and oppressed
Team Leader Rick Rupp has currently made 15 ministry trips to Fa'arau, Solomon Islands where God has birthed a 24/7 House of Prayer. On his first trip in 2008 God spoke to Rick. He said, "Rick if you help them build a bridge in the natural, I will build a bridge in the Spirit and birth a 24/7 House of Prayer right here in this jungle village of Fa'arau." Since that encounter, Rick has been obedient to God's calling.
Team member Benjamin Troyer (handy man), was born and raised in a rural farm and construction community. This has equipped him to train the unemployed villagers in Solomon Islands to make cement blocks, the milling of lumber, construction skills in the building of the Orphan House, tractor maintenance, and Bible teaching. We met at the International House Of Prayer Kansas City where we both served on the Night Watch (midnight - 6am) as full time Prayer Missionaries.
Dr Grace Lea Kim
On July 29, 2017 Dr Grace Lea Kim and Rick Rupp were married! Dr Grace traveled with Rick and the "Free for the Poor" medical clinics were restarted in December of 2017. This is such a huge answer to prayer! If you are a Doctor please contact me (Rick Rupp) about joining our short term medical trips. Most medical trips are a 2 week commitment.
"The team at IHOPKC strongly support the work God is doing in the Solomon Islands. Our heart is to see nations impacted through works of justice from a place of seeking God through prayer."
Daniel Lim IHOPKC CEO
Partner With Us
2 Corinthians 9:7 "for God loves a cheerful giver."
How can you support what God is doing in the Solomon Islands?
Tell us how you want to be involved.
** All donations in USA are 100% tax deductible
Build 200 Water Wells
Buy supplies and materials to build water wells
Hire a transport boat to go from island to island
Train people in each location to dig and maintain clean water wells
Provide health education to the locals on clean drinking water
Monthly support for any of our
current & future initiatives
$20 per month
$50 per month
$100 per month
$200 per month
$500 per month